Malaysia: Lovers arrested in Malaysia's anti-Valentine raid
A police source said that the arrested couples would probably have to pay fines estimated at 1,000 ringgit ($280) and up to six month in prison for each.
Malaysia has a two-track legal system, with the civil courts operating alongside state-based Sharia courts in which only Muslims can be tried for religious offences.
Last month, a Malaysian religious court sentenced a man and a woman to six strokes of the cane for drinking alcohol, in a rare decision in the multicultural nation.
16 February 2009
Source: Variety News
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting