UPDATE: Kyrgyzstan: Tolekan Ismailova Released from Detention
Women's Learning Partnership is pleased to share that Tolekan Ismailova was released after a local tribunal found she had not violated laws of public assembly.
However, WLP's partners at Human Rights Center "Citizens Against Corruption" have said that the court also issued a warning against disobedience of public authorities, a sign that harassment of human rights defenders in Kyrgyzstan is likely to continue.
UPDATE on: www.wluml.org/english/newsfulltxt.shtml?cmd=x-157-563990
WLP urges authorities to take stronger measures to preserve the right to peaceful assembly, and to ensure the security of Ms. Ismailova and her colleagues.
Submitted on Mon, 03/23/2009 - 01:00
- A Statement from Homa's Family, in Light of New Details on Her Arrest
- WE MUST PRESSURE IRAN TO RELEASE CANADIAN ACADEMIC HOMA HOODFAR
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan