UPDATE: Kyrgyzstan: Tolekan Ismailova Released from Detention
Women's Learning Partnership is pleased to share that Tolekan Ismailova was released after a local tribunal found she had not violated laws of public assembly.
However, WLP's partners at Human Rights Center "Citizens Against Corruption" have said that the court also issued a warning against disobedience of public authorities, a sign that harassment of human rights defenders in Kyrgyzstan is likely to continue.
UPDATE on: www.wluml.org/english/newsfulltxt.shtml?cmd=x-157-563990
WLP urges authorities to take stronger measures to preserve the right to peaceful assembly, and to ensure the security of Ms. Ismailova and her colleagues.
Submitted on Mon, 03/23/2009 - 00:00
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt