Rising from the Rubble
Publication Author:Shirkat Gah/WLUML
number of pages:66
On October 8, 2005, a massive earthquake, measuring 7.6 on the Richter scale jolted the mountain ranges straddling Pakistan and India. This is a Special Bulletin on the 2005 earthquake with a particular focus on women's survival, safety and rights.
- Pakistan: Harassment of female voters, aid workers shadow historic Pakistan election
- USA: CWGL’s Founding Director and Senior Scholar, Charlotte Bunch, honored through the creation of a Human Rights Defenders Award
- Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh building collapse kills scores
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- UPDATE: Nepal: Women human rights defender murdered
- Nepal: Women human rights defender murdered
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms