Feminism in the Muslim World Leadership Institutes
|PDF Document||445.83 KB|
Co-organised by the Center for Women’s Global Leadership & Women Living Under Muslim Laws the first two Feminism in the Muslim World Leadership Institutes took place in 1998 in Istanbul, Turkey and in 1999 in Lagos, Nigeria.
These two week intensive residential institutes drew on the Global Center’s expertise in the area of leadership enhancement and human rights while emphasizing WLUML’s chosen themes: global solidarity and networking; the issue of diversity and commonalities within the Muslim world; and feminist organizing for human rights education in Muslim countries and communities.
This book focuses on the planning of the Institutes and the major topics and debates that occurred during the Institutes. It hopes to offer inspiration to other women to borrow and adapt according to their own needs.
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Forced Gynecological Exams As Sexual Harassment and Human Rights Violation
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Women's Sport as Politics in Muslim Contexts
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014