Israel/Palestine: CODEPINK delegation attacked by police
The journalist was taken to a local police station and released an hour later without charges. Mr. Barry was treated overnight at the hospital.
The CODEPINK delegation has requested that the Israeli police and military investigate the brutality used by their forces on the peaceful, non-violent protesters.
When President Obama spoke in Cairo on June 4, a separate CODEPINK delegation that had just returned from six days in Gaza in early June, held a demonstration right outside Cairo University holding signs that read "Stop funding Israeli War Crimes." Egyptian police allowed the demonstration to take place.
"Is this the great democracy that the U.S. taxpayers pay for with $3 billion dollars a year?", cried Medea Benjamin as she was being dragged away by the police.
15 June 2009
By Ann Wright
Source: Common Dreams
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence