Lebanon: Voices of queer women & trans persons
The book dispels the myths surrounding female sexuality and gender identities in all their diversity. It includes a 30-page introductory analysis of the different themes of the stories to provide readers with some sociological background to the key elements.
"Bareed Mista3jil" is published by Meem, a community of LBTQs that was started in August 2007 to provide support for sexual and gender minorities.
The publication is an amazing accomplishment and a landmark moment for LBT organising in Lebanon and the Middle East. Mama Cash is very proud of the groundbreaking work of this group.
The book is available in English and as from July 1 also in Arabic. Excerpts from the stories, in addition to more information, can be found online at http://www.bareedmista3jil.com/
- Indonesia's highest Islamic clerical body issues fatwa proposing death penalty for people caught having gay sex
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- Lebanon debates introducing civil marriage
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed