Lebanon: Voices of queer women & trans persons
The book dispels the myths surrounding female sexuality and gender identities in all their diversity. It includes a 30-page introductory analysis of the different themes of the stories to provide readers with some sociological background to the key elements.
"Bareed Mista3jil" is published by Meem, a community of LBTQs that was started in August 2007 to provide support for sexual and gender minorities.
The publication is an amazing accomplishment and a landmark moment for LBT organising in Lebanon and the Middle East. Mama Cash is very proud of the groundbreaking work of this group.
The book is available in English and as from July 1 also in Arabic. Excerpts from the stories, in addition to more information, can be found online at http://www.bareedmista3jil.com/
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Lebanon: Lebanese Women Race Towards Empowerment
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Could be Passed Before Christmas.
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Transgender couple released on bail