Turkey: Interviewing men in prison for 'honour killings'
"One of the men interviewed in prison told Onal, "It's easy for women's charities and the EU to say 'stop killing' from afar, but people will not stop. If you live in our neighborhoods, you would kill. We have to change our neighborhoods..."
Submitted on Sat, 08/08/2009 - 00:00
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Tahira Sami Khoso , Looking for Justice
- Aminata Manneh Gender Activist Went Missing After filming a Police Officer Maltreating a Child
- Against their will: Inside Canada’s forced marriages
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*