Indonesia: National Commission on Violence Against Women Press Release
1. The Governor of Aceh has to take a serious action to postpone the implementation of the Qanun on Jinayah and openly and comprehensively support the judicial review of the qanun.
2. The Minister of Domestic Affairs has to improve the effectiveness of the Department of Domestic Affairs in preventing the creation of discriminatory local regulations that are oppositional against the national constitution.
3. The President of the Republic of Indonesia has to take a political action by issuing the Presidential Instruction for all government officials in the ministries and local government to conduct a comprehensive review to discriminatory local and unconstitutional regulations and initiate agendas to repeal the regulations.
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- Kurdish Women Turning Kobani into a Living 'Hell' for Islamic State
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting