UPDATE: Malaysia: Religious Department threatens to carry out caning in secret
Kartika wanted the sentence to be carried out quickly; she said too many individuals, organisations, politicians and non-governmental organisations had met her and her family, and she threatened to take legal action against those who disturbed her peace and that of her family.
She has appointed several civil and syariah lawyers from Adham and Associates in Ipoh, to look after her interests and those of her family.
18 September 2009
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- Kurdish Women Turning Kobani into a Living 'Hell' for Islamic State
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting