UPDATE: Malaysia: Religious Department threatens to carry out caning in secret
Kartika wanted the sentence to be carried out quickly; she said too many individuals, organisations, politicians and non-governmental organisations had met her and her family, and she threatened to take legal action against those who disturbed her peace and that of her family.
She has appointed several civil and syariah lawyers from Adham and Associates in Ipoh, to look after her interests and those of her family.
18 September 2009
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Malaysia: Muslim Sisterhood Sisters in Islam Empowers Feminist Muslims
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Pakistan: Statement issued by the Women Action Forum (WAF), Karachi, following the attack on Shia residents of Abbas Colony
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws