UPDATE: Malaysia: Religious Department threatens to carry out caning in secret
Kartika wanted the sentence to be carried out quickly; she said too many individuals, organisations, politicians and non-governmental organisations had met her and her family, and she threatened to take legal action against those who disturbed her peace and that of her family.
She has appointed several civil and syariah lawyers from Adham and Associates in Ipoh, to look after her interests and those of her family.
18 September 2009
- We Strongly Condemn the Terrorist Attacks Taking Place in the Name of “Islam”
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Position Statement on Apostasy and Blasphemy
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms