Universal Declaration of Human Rights
|Universal declaration of Human Rights in English.pdf||115.52 KB|
The document that defined more than half a century ago what a human being is, retains today its power as an advocacy tool for women's liberation while, some argue, falling short in the defense of women's rights via omission of the most flagrant forms of gender-based discrimination and by not referring to women in other terms than 'motherhood'.
- South Sudan: UNICEF warns women and children being victimized ‘with frightening regularity’
- Human rights: Paraguay has failed to protect a 10-year old girl child who became pregnant after being raped, say UN experts
- Widows’ eviction highlights need to abolish or amend Tanzania’s discriminatory laws, UN experts say
- Challenging Iran's women's rights narrative
- How we can all be women human rights defenders
- Equality, Development and Peace: 2015 and Beyond
- Call for Action: Include women in the Syrian peace-building process now!
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- Religion, Culture And Tradition: No Excuse For Violence
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- Islam, Land, and Property: Muslim Women and Property
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- IWRAW: Equity or Equality for Women? Understanding CEDAW's Equality Principles