Universal Declaration of Human Rights
|Universal declaration of Human Rights in English.pdf||115.52 KB|
The document that defined more than half a century ago what a human being is, retains today its power as an advocacy tool for women's liberation while, some argue, falling short in the defense of women's rights via omission of the most flagrant forms of gender-based discrimination and by not referring to women in other terms than 'motherhood'.
- A plea to the new High Commissioner for Human Rights: defend women's rights
- WLUML networkers champion women’s rights the 26th Session of the Human Rights Council
- Due diligence for women's human rights: transgressing conventional lines
- Campaigners welcome 'milestone' agreement at UN gender equality talks
- GOVERNMENTS SHOULD SUPPORT STRONG INTERNATIONAL RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
- Call for Action: Include women in the Syrian peace-building process now!
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- How to follow up on UN Human Rights Recommendations: A practical guide for civil society
- Islam, Land, and Property: Muslim Women and Property
- Egypt: Combined sixth and seventh periodic reports to CEDAW
- IWRAW: Equity or Equality for Women? Understanding CEDAW's Equality Principles
- UN Report: Good Practices in Legislation on 'Harmful Practices' against Women