Launch of the SKSW Campaign
Opening Remarks and overview of the Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women! by Farida Shaheed at Istanbul Bilgi University, 26 November 2007. The Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women! was launched in November 2007 and is hosted by Women Living Under Muslim Laws.
The SKSW Campaign seeks to end the relentless mis-use of culture, tradition and religion to justify violence against women. Read more here: www.stop-stoning.org.
Video via the website of the Research Programme Consortium (RPC) on 'Women's Empowerment in Muslim Contexts' (WEMC RPC): http://www.wemc.com.hk/web/bilgi.htm!
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW