Launch of the SKSW Campaign
Opening Remarks and overview of the Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women! by Farida Shaheed at Istanbul Bilgi University, 26 November 2007. The Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women! was launched in November 2007 and is hosted by Women Living Under Muslim Laws.
The SKSW Campaign seeks to end the relentless mis-use of culture, tradition and religion to justify violence against women. Read more here: www.stop-stoning.org.
Video via the website of the Research Programme Consortium (RPC) on 'Women's Empowerment in Muslim Contexts' (WEMC RPC): http://www.wemc.com.hk/web/bilgi.htm!
- Palestine: In Memoriam: Maha Abu-Dayyeh
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating