2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana)
This unofficial English translation of the 2004 Moroccan Family Law (Moudawana) was prepared by a team of English and Arabic speaking lawyers at the Global Rights head office in Washington D.C. and their field office in Rabat, and a professional Arabic-English Moroccan translator.
Global Rights' intention was to produce an English language text that reproduces as faithfully as possible the original Arabic text, rather than to elaborate an autonomous English legal text. They have therefore privileged a literal translation rather than attempted to clarify, explain or interpret the intention of the legislator. Global Rights hopes that this translation will be useful to researchers, NGOs and public authorities interested in family law and the rights of women in Morocco. For more information on their work in Morocco and worldwide, please consult their website at www.globalrights.org.
© Translation copyright 2005 by Global Rights. This translation is placed in the public domain and put at the disposal of all interested persons to consult or use. Reproduction is authorized for non-commercial purposes and on the condition that credit is given to Global Rights.
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Libya Status of Women Report 2013