International: Resisting and Challenging Religious Fundamentalisms
The Resisting and Challenging Religious Fundamentalisms (RCRF) team is currently documenting a broad spectrum of feminist strategies to counter fundamentalist politics.
Seventeen of the case studies which were selected for publication in 2008 have drafts which are currently under review. They cover a wide range of activist strategies and are rooted in diverse religious and regional contexts - including countries such as Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Serbia and the United States.
The full case studies will be published in English, French and Spanish in early 2010 and will be available on www.awid.org.
A fourth publication in AWID's special series on New Insights on Religious Fundamentalisms, to be published in late 2009, examines fundamentalist strategies, in conjunction with feminist strategies for resistance, and explores what women's rights advocates can do to mount a stronger and more effective challenge to the global rise of religious fundamentalisms.
The team is also pleased to announce that we recently disseminated the first issue of Facing Fundamentalisms, a quarterly update from the RCRF Initiative containing critical news, insights and analyses on the rise of religious fundamentalisms across regions, as well as key feminist strategies for resistance and action. We hope this resource will create connections among activists engaged in the struggle against religious fundamentalisms, and contribute to greater strategic thinking, dialogue and advocacy on this urgent global issue. To access the first issue or to subscribe to the newsletter write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence
- The Global Gender Gap Report 2013
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change