International: Resisting and Challenging Religious Fundamentalisms
The Resisting and Challenging Religious Fundamentalisms (RCRF) team is currently documenting a broad spectrum of feminist strategies to counter fundamentalist politics.
Seventeen of the case studies which were selected for publication in 2008 have drafts which are currently under review. They cover a wide range of activist strategies and are rooted in diverse religious and regional contexts - including countries such as Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, India, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Serbia and the United States.
The full case studies will be published in English, French and Spanish in early 2010 and will be available on www.awid.org.
A fourth publication in AWID's special series on New Insights on Religious Fundamentalisms, to be published in late 2009, examines fundamentalist strategies, in conjunction with feminist strategies for resistance, and explores what women's rights advocates can do to mount a stronger and more effective challenge to the global rise of religious fundamentalisms.
The team is also pleased to announce that we recently disseminated the first issue of Facing Fundamentalisms, a quarterly update from the RCRF Initiative containing critical news, insights and analyses on the rise of religious fundamentalisms across regions, as well as key feminist strategies for resistance and action. We hope this resource will create connections among activists engaged in the struggle against religious fundamentalisms, and contribute to greater strategic thinking, dialogue and advocacy on this urgent global issue. To access the first issue or to subscribe to the newsletter write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event: Religious Fundamentalisms Impact on Women’s Rights in Africa
- Blogger Oyasiqur hacked to death
- 147 dead, Islamist gunmen killed after attack at Kenya college
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- The triple whammy: towards the eclipse of women’s rights
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014