LetsBreakthrough's Channel: Education Lucknow
Breakthrough is an international human rights organization that uses media, education and pop culture to promote values of dignity, equality and justice in the United States and India. Mehrunissa and Tarannum are two women teachers in Lucknow. They talk about ideas of education and exposure among lower middle class Muslim societies, their own experiences, and prejudice faced by their friends and peers. They talk about their mothers and the remarkable perseverance they showed in educating their daughters.
Through anecdotes, stories, hearsay, jokes and conversation we are able to get a glimpse into the world of these women and become aware of deep rooted prejudices that still exist about educating women.
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) condemns the harassment of Sri Lankan activist Sharmila Seyyid
- Pakistan: Killing of NGO worker Farida Afridi in Jamrud Tehsil of Khyber Agency
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws
- Pakistan: URGENT-Shirkat Gah Appeals for Support in Relief Work
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Only Until the Rice is Cooked? The Domestic Violence Act, Familial Ideology, and Cultural Narratives in Sri Lanka
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Living with insecurity: Marginalization and sexual violence against women in north and east Sri Lanka
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography