Knowing Our Rights: Women, family, laws and customs in the Muslim world - 3rd edition
|PDF Document||1.57 MB|
This third and completely revised version of the "Knowing Our Rights" handbook is an essential resource for those taking a critical and questioning approach to rights, laws, and constructions of womanhood in Muslim countries and communities and beyond. "Knowing Our Rights" forms part of the international synthesis of the Women & Law in the Muslim world Programme and is based on some 10 years of field experience, research and analysis by multi-disciplinary teams of networkers in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Honoring Feminist and Women Human Right Defenders Who are No Longer with Us
- The Discourse of Terror: Interview with Judith Butler
- New Tools And Approaches To End Violence Against Women and Children
- Kashmir: Mass-Rape Survivors Struggle as Kafkaesque Justice Reigns
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts