Knowing Our Rights: Women, family, laws and customs in the Muslim world - 3rd edition
|PDF Document||1.57 MB|
This third and completely revised version of the "Knowing Our Rights" handbook is an essential resource for those taking a critical and questioning approach to rights, laws, and constructions of womanhood in Muslim countries and communities and beyond. "Knowing Our Rights" forms part of the international synthesis of the Women & Law in the Muslim world Programme and is based on some 10 years of field experience, research and analysis by multi-disciplinary teams of networkers in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya