Iran: One Million Signatures Campaign: Interview with Somayeh Rashidi
Change for Equality: Somayeh Rashidi is an activist involved in the One Million Signatures Campaign. This women’s rights defender was summoned to court for interrogation, after her home was searched and her property seized. She appeared in court on December 19, 2009 and after a few hours of interrogation the investigative judge ordered an arrest warrant for her and transferred her to Evin prison.
Somayeh has been in Evin prison since and has been denied the right to meet with her lawyers and family. Rashidi is member of the Campaign and Hastia Women’s NGO. She was banned from continuing her education at the Masters Level in the field of women’s studies, because of her activism on behalf of women’s rights.
Three videos on youtube are interviews with Somayeh about her activism on behalf of women’s rights, the ban from continuing her education and the search of her home by security agents.
You can watch the videos of Somayeh by visting the following links on youtube:
- WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- UN expert breaks global silence on rape of young virgin girls in Iranian prisons
- Iran: Child Brides in Iran
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) Nominates Iranian Women’s Group, the Mothers of Khavaran for the United Nations Human Rights Prize
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Update: Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli held in Solitary Confinement in Evin Prison
- Iran: Parastou Dokouhaki and Marzieh Rasouli detained as a new wave of arrests is carried out in Iran
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States