Iran: One Million Signatures Campaign: Interview with Somayeh Rashidi
Change for Equality: Somayeh Rashidi is an activist involved in the One Million Signatures Campaign. This women’s rights defender was summoned to court for interrogation, after her home was searched and her property seized. She appeared in court on December 19, 2009 and after a few hours of interrogation the investigative judge ordered an arrest warrant for her and transferred her to Evin prison.
Somayeh has been in Evin prison since and has been denied the right to meet with her lawyers and family. Rashidi is member of the Campaign and Hastia Women’s NGO. She was banned from continuing her education at the Masters Level in the field of women’s studies, because of her activism on behalf of women’s rights.
Three videos on youtube are interviews with Somayeh about her activism on behalf of women’s rights, the ban from continuing her education and the search of her home by security agents.
You can watch the videos of Somayeh by visting the following links on youtube:
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- Universal Periodic Review: JFI Submission on Human Rights Abuses Based on Sex, Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT ACTION: Iran: A former child bride faces execution by hanging
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition