UN: CSW forum on Women Reclaiming and Re-defining Cultures (WRRC) program
On March 10, the Global Campaign To Stop Killing and Stoning Women (SKSW Campaign) hosted a forum to introduce the Women Re-claiming and Redefining Cultures (WRRC) programme and a screening of two video documentaries on violence against women and girls justified in the name of ‘culture’.
The event was part of the SKSW’s agenda during the 54th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women which took place at the UN in New York on 01-12 march 2010. The aim of the event was to present an overview of the diverse issues the Women Reclaiming and Re-defining Cultures (WRRC) programme works on, highlighting the strategies of our partners and the fruits of their work, and to share the video documentaries produced by SKSW Campaign’s partners on stoning in Iran and the whipping of a young girl in Indonesia – both were punished under ‘Islamic’ laws.
View the full report below.
|SKSW March 10th Event CSW.pdf||380.91 KB|
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content
- Across the World: A Girl’s Right to Learn Without Fear
- Afghan Women: Towards Bonn and Beyond
- Great Ancestors: Women Claiming Rights in Muslim Contexts
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America