UN: CSW forum on Women Reclaiming and Re-defining Cultures (WRRC) program
On March 10, the Global Campaign To Stop Killing and Stoning Women (SKSW Campaign) hosted a forum to introduce the Women Re-claiming and Redefining Cultures (WRRC) programme and a screening of two video documentaries on violence against women and girls justified in the name of ‘culture’.
The event was part of the SKSW’s agenda during the 54th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women which took place at the UN in New York on 01-12 march 2010. The aim of the event was to present an overview of the diverse issues the Women Reclaiming and Re-defining Cultures (WRRC) programme works on, highlighting the strategies of our partners and the fruits of their work, and to share the video documentaries produced by SKSW Campaign’s partners on stoning in Iran and the whipping of a young girl in Indonesia – both were punished under ‘Islamic’ laws.
View the full report below.
|SKSW March 10th Event CSW.pdf||380.91 KB|
- Raise Your Voice Against the 'Protection of the Family' Resolution
- URGENT ACTION: Call on States to Support UN Resolution on WHRDs
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Women's Sport as Politics in Muslim Contexts
- Religion, Culture And Tradition: No Excuse For Violence
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*