Launch of the Young Arab Feminist Network
In this video, Fatma Emam discusses the ethos of the network. Its activists are building a collective network of support for young Arab activists in the region, in recognition of the particular challenges and experiences of sexism that women face, and the fragmentation and elitism of women’s rights work in Arab societies.
The Founding Committee Members are:
Engy Ghozlan EGYPT
Farah Salka LEBANON
Ghadeer Malek PALESTINE/CANADA
Hadil el Khouly EGYPT
Marwa Sharafeldin EGYPT
Nadine Moawad LEBANON
Ola Moussa EGYPT
For more video testimonies, photos and articles, please visit the YAFN website: http://www.yafn.org/
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- EGYPT - LAUNCH OF FIRST PROSECUTION FOR FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION AFTER GIRL DIES
- Hala Shukrallah succeeds ElBaradei as head of Constitution Party
- Egypt’s Security Forces Once Again Using Virginity Tests On Female Detainees
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- Call for Action: Include women in the Syrian peace-building process now!
- For immediate release: Statement on the arrest of Wajeha Al-Huwaider and Fawzia Al-Oyouni and the persecution of human rights activists in Saudi Arabia
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- No Democracy without Women's Equality: Middle East and North Africa
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger