Launch of the Young Arab Feminist Network
In this video, Fatma Emam discusses the ethos of the network. Its activists are building a collective network of support for young Arab activists in the region, in recognition of the particular challenges and experiences of sexism that women face, and the fragmentation and elitism of women’s rights work in Arab societies.
The Founding Committee Members are:
Engy Ghozlan EGYPT
Farah Salka LEBANON
Ghadeer Malek PALESTINE/CANADA
Hadil el Khouly EGYPT
Marwa Sharafeldin EGYPT
Nadine Moawad LEBANON
Ola Moussa EGYPT
For more video testimonies, photos and articles, please visit the YAFN website: http://www.yafn.org/
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- Egypt: Women's rights activist among 17 facing spurious charges in security forces' 'cover up'
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Tunisia: Aya Chebbi Wins Excellence in Leadership Award.
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Too Young to Wed
- Reclaiming the Streets for Women’s Dignity: Effective Initiatives in the Struggle against Gender-Based Violence in between Egypt’s Two Revolutions
- The Politics of Mobilising for Gender Justice in Egypt from Mubarak to Morsi and Beyond
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit