Turkey: Government scraps virginity tests
The Turkish Government has rescinded a controversial law that allowed school girls suspected of having pre-marital sex to be given virginity tests.
Submitted on Wed, 02/28/2001 - 00:00
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings
- Dossier 25: Algeria: Morality Militias are Back