Egypt: Attempt to annul the marriage of Dr Nawal el-Saadawi
We are deeply concerned about politically-motivated court action brought against Dr. Nawal el-Saadawi and the possibility of threats to her personal security and that of her husband. Now 70, the prominent Egyptian feminist writer, doctor and active defender of the rights of women has become the latest intellectual to face the possibility of apostasy charges.
Submitted on Mon, 03/05/2001 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting