Exclusive Interview with Director of WomanKind Kenya
Womankind is an indigenous local NGO based in Garissa, in the North eastern province of Kenya. Here in an audio interview Executive Director, Hubbie Hussein Al-Haji, talks to WLUML about WomanKind's need for material and moral support in their struggle against culturally and religiously justified violence and discrimination towards girls and women in Kenya.
A focus of their advocacy work is creating awareness and educating women and men on the harmful affects of female genital mutilation (FGM). They also provide legal advice for marginalised women on inheritance, divorce, marital problems, violence, and other harmful practices. Please see the attached PROFILE for more information on their programs.
You can also access their website here: http://www.womankindkenya.org/
|Womankind Kenya_PROFILE.pdf||919.17 KB|
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Iran: WLUML Supports Call for Solidarity: Freedom and Gender Equality in Iran
- UPDATE: Sudan: Flogging sentence dropped and fine paid against Hussein's will
- UPDATE: Sudan: Lubna Hussein's trial postponed until 7 September