United Kingdom: Why so few women elected?
Newly elected Conservative MP Michelle Donelan appears in this Channel 4 news video with Lesley Abdela debating the issue of women in politics. Watch and cringe - she is, of course, against quotas. We need quality, not quantity, she cries.
Alison Clarke on May 19, 2010
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Criminalising forced marriage has not helped its victims
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Drop the terrorism charges against Silan Ozcelik
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan