United Kingdom: Why so few women elected?
Newly elected Conservative MP Michelle Donelan appears in this Channel 4 news video with Lesley Abdela debating the issue of women in politics. Watch and cringe - she is, of course, against quotas. We need quality, not quantity, she cries.
Alison Clarke on May 19, 2010
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
- UK: Muslim Women more likely to suffer Islamophobic attacks than men - study
- China: setting the new standard for women in top jobs?
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- UPDATE: United Kingdom: Hold Amnesty International Accountable
- United Kingdom: Take Action in Support of Gita Sahgal
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger