Iran: Interview with Mahboubeh Abbasgholizadeh
Armed only with the Camera, Iranian feminist and filmmaker, Mahboubeh Abbasgholizadeh, has documented the lives of women enmeshed in the country’s political issues such as the legitimacy of Almadinejad’s regime, women and the family law and stoning on grounds of adultery. She was once more arrested last 20 December 2009 while on her way to the funeral of Ayatollah Montazeri. Although she was immediately released, her companions were not as lucky.
Please see attachment below for the full interview with Nina Somera in Community and Independent Media.
- Ziauddin Yousafzai My daughter, Malala
- Universal Periodic Review: JFI Submission on Human Rights Abuses Based on Sex, Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
- WLUML Feminist Leadership Workshop Underway in Banjul
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT ACTION: Iran: A former child bride faces execution by hanging
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition