Iran: Interview with Mahboubeh Abbasgholizadeh
Armed only with the Camera, Iranian feminist and filmmaker, Mahboubeh Abbasgholizadeh, has documented the lives of women enmeshed in the country’s political issues such as the legitimacy of Almadinejad’s regime, women and the family law and stoning on grounds of adultery. She was once more arrested last 20 December 2009 while on her way to the funeral of Ayatollah Montazeri. Although she was immediately released, her companions were not as lucky.
Please see attachment below for the full interview with Nina Somera in Community and Independent Media.
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- World Cup ban? Iran's women just don't care
- Laughter and Learning in the Sun: Feminist Leadership Workshops in West Africa
- Historic Turning Point as Mothers of Khavaran Receive an International Award
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran