Iran: AI wishes Shiva Nazar Ahari happy birthday in Evin prison
Iranian prisoner of conscience, Shiva Nazar Ahari, spent her 26th birthday, on Thursday 10 June, in Evin Prison. Staff at the head office of Amnesty International in London wanted to wish her 'happy birthday' and call for her release. So we gathered, with cakes, to remembeer Shiva. This is our small gift to her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRKTG6Tu7Q
We know Shiva's name and we will not forget her; nor will we forget the other, nameless prisoners, whose identity we wanted revealed and whose release, if they are prisoners of conscience, we also call for. Shiva Nazar Ahari is one of the six cases Amnesty International
Amnesty researcher Ann Harrison has also written a blog about Shiva Nazar Ahari marking her birthday in prison. Please see: http://livewire.amnesty.org/2010/06/10/a-birthday-in-evin-prison-%E2%80%93-an-opportunity-to-remember-irans-prisoners/
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- North Africa: Racism, sexism and violence against sub-Saharan African migrant women
- Iran: Lawyer who won Sakharov human rights award continues her peaceful protests against ban from practicing law.
- Sudan: Police Beat, Arrest Female Students
- Joint Press Release on the Verdict against Sanaa Seif, Yara Sallam and 21 Other Co-accused in Egypt
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran