India: Sodomy and obscenity charges formally filed in trial of 'Lucknow Four'
On July 7, 2001, police in Lucknow raided the offices of Bharosa Trust and the Naz Foundation, seizing HIV/AIDS prevention material, including educational brochures, videos, and condoms. The Senior Superintendent of Police concluded that both agencies were running "gay clubs" and spreading gay culture throughout Lucknow.
Submitted on Thu, 08/16/2001 - 00:00
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed