Tunisia: Sihem Bensadrine attacked by police
A French human rights organisation says the Tunisian activist, Sihem Bensedrine, has been attacked by police just a week after she was freed from jail.
The BBC reports, "Ms Bensedrine is one of the few vocal critics of alleged abuses by the government of President Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali who chooses to remain in Tunisia. Her views are expressed in interviews broadcast on foreign-based media or published on her internet website." The attack upon her came as she was on her way to a party to celebrate her recent release from prison after 6 weeks in detention.
Submitted on Sat, 08/18/2001 - 23:00
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders