BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- To the British Government: Work with Dubai's government to free Afsana!
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)