BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan judge sentences four to death over mob killing
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Tahira Sami Khoso , Looking for Justice
- Aminata Manneh Gender Activist Went Missing After filming a Police Officer Maltreating a Child
- 'Our job is to shoot, slaughter and kill': Boko Haram's reign of terror in north east Nigeria
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed