BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- "160 Girls": Making legal history in the fight against sexual violence
- Trial of Sudanese activists charged with ‘indecent behaviour’ postponed
- Kyrgyzstan - The Kidnapped Bride
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- Who Cares About Stoning? Online Photo Campaign
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Online
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran