BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- 'Islamic' Chair Cover Gets Iranian Activist In Trouble
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS: For Sunnis, Lives Curtailed; for Yezidis, New Accounts of Brutal Rapes
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- #February6th: The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM): Celebrating Victories
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION EIGHT GIRLS FREE, ONE OTHER RISKS FLOGGING
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Forced Gynecological Exams As Sexual Harassment and Human Rights Violation
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences