BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Nigeria: Victims of Abductions Tell Their Stories
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating