BAOBAB's Stop Violent Punishment Against Women Radio Campaign
BAOBAB for Women's Human Rights, as part of her activities under the 'Stop Killing and Stoning of Women' Campaign of the 'Women Redefining and Reclaiming Culture' programme of WLUML and IWE, recently held four live phone-in programmes on radio in four geo-political zones in Nigeria.
The locations were Borno, Oyo, Enugu and Kano with the following objectives.
* Open up discussions on the need for repeal of existing laws on stoning and better legislative and policy protection for women from killing and assault in the name of culture and religion
* Have a better understanding of the various misconceptions and 'facts' behind stoning and killing of women.....
Please visit: http://www.baobabwomen.org/press.htm#svpaw
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Morocco: Women battle against domestic abuse
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Lebanon: Workshop on "Masculinity and ending Violence Against Women in the Middle East and Abroad"
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW