Update: Iran: Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani still faces imminent death
Since we issued our first update on Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani’s case last Friday July 9, the Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women has received new information that she is still facing the imminent threat of being executed. We also received the news that her young son, Sajjad Qaderzadeh, who publicly expressed his concern on the plight of his mother has been summoned by the Iranian authorities for some questioning about his activities.
Please see here for more information on the case
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Discrimination Against Women in Bahraini Society and Legislation
- RIWPS Annual Brochure 2013