Update: Iran: Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani still faces imminent death
Since we issued our first update on Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani’s case last Friday July 9, the Global Campaign to Stop Killing and Stoning Women has received new information that she is still facing the imminent threat of being executed. We also received the news that her young son, Sajjad Qaderzadeh, who publicly expressed his concern on the plight of his mother has been summoned by the Iranian authorities for some questioning about his activities.
Please see here for more information on the case
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- URGENT ACTION: Iran: A former child bride faces execution by hanging
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!