Worldwide: RAINBO launches Amanitare website
The Research, Action and Information Network for the Bodily Integrity of Women launches a new www site for the initiative AMANITARE, the African partnership for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women and Girls.
AMANITARE was launched in Uganda in 2000 and is coordinated by RAINBO. AMANITARE's goal is to build an influential social movement to institutionalize the recognition of African women's and girls' sexual and reproductive health rights as fundamental to their civil and human rights.
Submitted on Sun, 10/21/2001 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- "160 Girls": Making legal history in the fight against sexual violence
- Trial of Sudanese activists charged with ‘indecent behaviour’ postponed
- Reflections on Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Austerity Measures in Developing Countries: Public Expenditure Trends and the Risks to Women and Children
- Gender-Sensitive Media: A Voluntary Code of Ethics
- Solutions to End Child Marriage: Summary of the Evidence