Afghanistan: UN role for democratic Afghan government urged
Women activists from Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, European Union and Revolutionary Afghan Women Association (RAWA) demand that the UN should play a pivotal role in the formation of post-Taliban government in Afghanistan through elections.
Speaking at a news conference here, HRCP national council member Asma Jehangir, European Parliament member Luisa Morgantini and Sahar Saba of Rawa called for the elimination of all fundamentalist groups without any exception or conditions, paving the way for free elections.
Submitted on Tue, 11/13/2001 - 00:00
- Indonesia: PRESS RELEASE: Women Leaders National Jamboree--230 Women Leaders Building the New Indonesian Economy and Peace
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan court quashes death sentences
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn