Afghanistan: This war of lies goes on by John Pilger
Source:Media Workers Against the War
In a UK daily newspaper, The Mirror (London, Friday 16 November) John Pilger argues that the conflict is a sham built on lies... and that those who defend it have blood on their hands.
There is no victory in Afghanistan's tribal war, only the exchange of one group of killers for another. The difference is that President Bush calls the latest occupiers of Kabul "our friends" However welcome the scenes of people playing music and shaving off their beards, this so-called Northern Alliance are no bringers of freedom. They are the same people welcomed by similar scenes of jubilation in 1992, who then killed an estimated 50,000 in four years of internecine feuding.
Submitted on Thu, 11/29/2001 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- Syrian Women's Forum for Peace: Events
- The Discourse of Terror: Interview with Judith Butler
- Afghanistan: Dismantling Human Rights in Afghanistan: The AIHRC facing a possible downgrading of status
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament