Afghanistan: This war of lies goes on by John Pilger
Source:Media Workers Against the War
In a UK daily newspaper, The Mirror (London, Friday 16 November) John Pilger argues that the conflict is a sham built on lies... and that those who defend it have blood on their hands.
There is no victory in Afghanistan's tribal war, only the exchange of one group of killers for another. The difference is that President Bush calls the latest occupiers of Kabul "our friends" However welcome the scenes of people playing music and shaving off their beards, this so-called Northern Alliance are no bringers of freedom. They are the same people welcomed by similar scenes of jubilation in 1992, who then killed an estimated 50,000 in four years of internecine feuding.
Submitted on Thu, 11/29/2001 - 01:00
- Women of Bangsamoro stand up for inclusion
- Silence did not make Sanaz Nezami strong: Facing immigrant domestic violence
- The ‘anti-women gag law’ in Afghanistan: the pitfalls of hasty conclusions
- Afghanistan: WLUML Welcomes Karzai's Postponement of Criminal Procedures Law
- New Afghanistan law to silence victims of violence against women
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn