Afghanistan: This war of lies goes on by John Pilger
Source:Media Workers Against the War
In a UK daily newspaper, The Mirror (London, Friday 16 November) John Pilger argues that the conflict is a sham built on lies... and that those who defend it have blood on their hands.
There is no victory in Afghanistan's tribal war, only the exchange of one group of killers for another. The difference is that President Bush calls the latest occupiers of Kabul "our friends" However welcome the scenes of people playing music and shaving off their beards, this so-called Northern Alliance are no bringers of freedom. They are the same people welcomed by similar scenes of jubilation in 1992, who then killed an estimated 50,000 in four years of internecine feuding.
Submitted on Thu, 11/29/2001 - 00:00
- Indonesia: PRESS RELEASE: Women Leaders National Jamboree--230 Women Leaders Building the New Indonesian Economy and Peace
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- Indonesia: The Other Face of the Helsinki Peace Process, Aceh 10 Years Later
- Farkhunda murder: Afghan court quashes death sentences
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Statement in Condemnation of Terrorist Attack Targeting Media Organizations in Afghanistan
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- Forced Gynecological Exams As Sexual Harassment and Human Rights Violation
- Leaflet: Women In Black Denounce UK Complicity in Atrocities in Sudan
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- RIWPS Annual Brochure 2013