Afghanistan: Dr Sima Samar named Deputy Premier in the newly named interim government
Delegates from four Afghan factions have signed an agreement on a transitional government to run the country after 20 years of war.
The BBC reports that two women are among those named. "One of them, Sima Samar, will be one of Mr Karzai's five vice chairs. The UN has said the new authority must guarantee freedom of expression and women's rights."
Submitted on Thu, 12/06/2001 - 01:00
- Letter to Obama Administration on Egyptian State Violations of Human Rights
- EIPR shocked by continued detention of 23 defendants including an awarded human rights defender
- Press Release on the arrest and detention of Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Sudan: Woman condemned to death released after international pressure
- Saudi Arabia may review ban on girls' school sports
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures