Afghanistan: Dr Sima Samar named Deputy Premier in the newly named interim government
Delegates from four Afghan factions have signed an agreement on a transitional government to run the country after 20 years of war.
The BBC reports that two women are among those named. "One of them, Sima Samar, will be one of Mr Karzai's five vice chairs. The UN has said the new authority must guarantee freedom of expression and women's rights."
Submitted on Thu, 12/06/2001 - 01:00
- Missing female Sudanese rights activist found beaten in street
- Egypt: Women's rights activist among 17 facing spurious charges in security forces' 'cover up'
- Bahrain: Authorities continue to target women’s rights defender Ghada Jamsheer
- Kabul mob attack: Women help bury 'wrongly accused' Farkhunda
- Mass Rape in Darfur
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!