Afghanistan: Dr Sima Samar named Deputy Premier in the newly named interim government
Delegates from four Afghan factions have signed an agreement on a transitional government to run the country after 20 years of war.
The BBC reports that two women are among those named. "One of them, Sima Samar, will be one of Mr Karzai's five vice chairs. The UN has said the new authority must guarantee freedom of expression and women's rights."
Submitted on Thu, 12/06/2001 - 01:00
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- Iran detains UK citizen over ban on women watching sports alongside men
- Womens Voices Must Stay Alive in ISIS-Controlled Regions
- SUDAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN MERIAM IBRAHIM & FAMILY ARRIVE IN ITALY & MEET WITH POPE FRANCIS
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders