Afghanistan: Dr Sima Samar named Deputy Premier in the newly named interim government
Delegates from four Afghan factions have signed an agreement on a transitional government to run the country after 20 years of war.
The BBC reports that two women are among those named. "One of them, Sima Samar, will be one of Mr Karzai's five vice chairs. The UN has said the new authority must guarantee freedom of expression and women's rights."
Submitted on Thu, 12/06/2001 - 01:00
- Turkish journalist stripped of parental rights over court coverage: lawyer
- URGENT NEWS: SEND YOUR SIGNATURES TO PRESIDENT AL-SISI BY WEDNESDAY THE 29TH OF MARCH
- Indonesia: PRESS RELEASE: Women Leaders National Jamboree--230 Women Leaders Building the New Indonesian Economy and Peace
- Meet Leyla Yunus, Azerbaijan
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping