UPDATE: Gambia: Two women’s rights activists, and WLUML networkers, arrested and detained
According to reliable reports from networkers in the Gambia who have visited Isatou Touray and Amie Bojang-Sissoho, the WLUML network is relieved to learn that they appeared well and in high spirits. Their lawyers have applied to the High Court for bail and the matter is set to be heard today, Friday 15 October at 9:30 am.
The Coalition for Human Rights in The Gambia will hold a press conference on Monday at 4:00 pm in the Offices of FAMEDEV, behind Good Rade restaurant in Dakar. If you or your contacts are in Senegal, please ask them to attend. questions will be answered in French, English and Wolof.
Please see the WLUML statement and what you can do to help here:
- Update: Activists Yara Sallam, Sanaa Seif released from prison
- Keeping Activist Bahareh Hedayat in Prison is Against the Law Says Legal Expert
- A Ramadan That Uyghurs Will Never Forget
- Indonesia's Aceh bans women from nightspots after 11pm
- Iran: Harsh prison sentences for two female activists highlight rampant injustice
- SUDAN: URGENT ACTION - WOMEN RISK FLOGGING FOR ‘INDECENT’ CLOTHING
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt