UPDATE: Gambia: Two women’s rights activists, and WLUML networkers, arrested and detained
According to reliable reports from networkers in the Gambia who have visited Isatou Touray and Amie Bojang-Sissoho, the WLUML network is relieved to learn that they appeared well and in high spirits. Their lawyers have applied to the High Court for bail and the matter is set to be heard today, Friday 15 October at 9:30 am.
The Coalition for Human Rights in The Gambia will hold a press conference on Monday at 4:00 pm in the Offices of FAMEDEV, behind Good Rade restaurant in Dakar. If you or your contacts are in Senegal, please ask them to attend. questions will be answered in French, English and Wolof.
Please see the WLUML statement and what you can do to help here:
- SUDAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN MERIAM IBRAHIM & FAMILY ARRIVE IN ITALY & MEET WITH POPE FRANCIS
- Letter to Obama Administration on Egyptian State Violations of Human Rights
- EIPR shocked by continued detention of 23 defendants including an awarded human rights defender
- Press Release on the arrest and detention of Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Sudan: Woman condemned to death released after international pressure
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- URGENT ACTION NEEDED: INNOCENT SUDANESE MOTHER WILL FACE PUBLIC FLOGGING AND EXECUTION, SIHA CONDEMNS TODAY'S RULING IN HAJ YOUSIF COURT IN KHARTOUM