UPDATE: Gambia: Two women’s rights activists, and WLUML networkers, arrested and detained
According to reliable reports from networkers in the Gambia who have visited Isatou Touray and Amie Bojang-Sissoho, the WLUML network is relieved to learn that they appeared well and in high spirits. Their lawyers have applied to the High Court for bail and the matter is set to be heard today, Friday 15 October at 9:30 am.
The Coalition for Human Rights in The Gambia will hold a press conference on Monday at 4:00 pm in the Offices of FAMEDEV, behind Good Rade restaurant in Dakar. If you or your contacts are in Senegal, please ask them to attend. questions will be answered in French, English and Wolof.
Please see the WLUML statement and what you can do to help here:
- Losing Hope in Iran and Egypt
- Sudan: Police Beat, Arrest Female Students
- Joint Press Release on the Verdict against Sanaa Seif, Yara Sallam and 21 Other Co-accused in Egypt
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders