Afghanistan: Turning back the Afghan clock
Source:The Christian Science Monitor
Sima Samar's vision for Afghanistan.
The Christian Science Monitor reports, "I want rights for women on all levels, in the political and social sectors, in everything - right to vote, right to be elected, right to work everywhere," Afghanistan's new minister for women's affairs said last week on a speaking tour in Canada. But Dr. Samar says she's really just describing the country she grew up in.
Submitted on Thu, 12/20/2001 - 01:00
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Kabul mob attack: Women help bury 'wrongly accused' Farkhunda
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Tunisia: Aya Chebbi Wins Excellence in Leadership Award.
- Mali: WLUML networker Mariam Diallo-Drame receives government Medal of Merit
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn