Afghanistan: Turning back the Afghan clock
Source:The Christian Science Monitor
Sima Samar's vision for Afghanistan.
The Christian Science Monitor reports, "I want rights for women on all levels, in the political and social sectors, in everything - right to vote, right to be elected, right to work everywhere," Afghanistan's new minister for women's affairs said last week on a speaking tour in Canada. But Dr. Samar says she's really just describing the country she grew up in.
Submitted on Thu, 12/20/2001 - 00:00
- Silence did not make Sanaz Nezami strong: Facing immigrant domestic violence
- The ‘anti-women gag law’ in Afghanistan: the pitfalls of hasty conclusions
- Afghanistan: WLUML Welcomes Karzai's Postponement of Criminal Procedures Law
- New Afghanistan law to silence victims of violence against women
- CHILD BRIDES IN AFGHANISTAN: Overview of Situation, Challenges and Options
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn