Egypt: One step forward towards justice, two steps back
Source:The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC)
More convictions for homosexual conduct in Egypt as jailed teenager is freed.
Just one day before a Cairo court released from jail a teenager imprisoned for alleged homosexual conduct, two Egyptian university students were sentenced to one year in prison for allegedly advertising for homosexual contacts over the Internet. The International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (IGLHRC) is investigating the case. IGLHRC is gravely concerned that this case may represent renewed harassment of suspected homosexuals in Egypt.
Submitted on Thu, 12/20/2001 - 00:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Shamial and Shahzina released and together
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Teenage girl abducted, raped and disrobed