Jordan: Approval of several amendments to the civil status law
Source:The Women's Learning Partnership (WLP)
Recent legislative reforms provide greater protection of the rights of women.
The Women's Learning Partnership for Rights, Development and Peace (WLP) announces recent legislative reforms in Jordan and Kenya.
Submitted on Thu, 01/03/2002 - 01:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: The Day after the Referendum
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted