Jordan: Approval of several amendments to the civil status law
Source:The Women's Learning Partnership (WLP)
Recent legislative reforms provide greater protection of the rights of women.
The Women's Learning Partnership for Rights, Development and Peace (WLP) announces recent legislative reforms in Jordan and Kenya.
Submitted on Thu, 01/03/2002 - 01:00
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Iran Will Allow Women in Sports Stadiums, Reversing a Much-Criticized Rule
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'