Guinea: Call to President of transitional government for urgent action in respect of women´s rights
The third African Feminist Forum which took place from October 20-24 is a biennial conference that brings together African feminist activists to deliberate on issues of key concern to the movement. It was during this third edition of the forum that participants voted unanimously for several key petitions calling for action, including a petition addressed to the President of the transitional Government in Guinea calling for an urgent action in favor of the respect of women´s rights, maintain peace and security before, during and after the presidential runoff elections.
A delegation mandated by the Forum was sent on October 25th and 26th to the Guinean Embassy in Senegal at which time the petition and list of signatures was delivered officially.
Petition to the President of the transitional Government in Guinea and List of signatures of over 135 women from more than 18 countries from across the African Continent
English---Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah. pour AWDF. African Women Development Fund. Contacts Tel: Tel: +233 (0) 302 521257 Email: email@example.com
French----Rakiss Balma. Agence Publipros- Contacts Tel +224 62 41 51 97- Email rakiss[at]agencepublipros.info
|AF PETITION GUINEE PRESIDENT TRANSITION_vfinale.pdf||276.27 KB|
|SC CLIENT.pdf||1.78 MB|
- Afghanistan: Reject stoning, flogging, amputation and other Taliban-era punishments
- Public stoning consideration is latest setback for Afghan women's rights
- "160 Girls": Making legal history in the fight against sexual violence
- Trial of Sudanese activists charged with ‘indecent behaviour’ postponed
- Kyrgyzstan - The Kidnapped Bride
- URGENT ACTION: Sudan: Two Sudanese Activists At Risk Of Flogging
- Kenya: Protect girls by enforcing FGM and child marriage laws
- Who Cares About Stoning? Online Photo Campaign
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)
- Prevention of Trafficking in Human Beings Online
- Female Genital Mutliation/Cutting: A Statistical Overview and an Exploration of the Dynamics of Change
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran