Guinea: Call to President of transitional government for urgent action in respect of women´s rights
The third African Feminist Forum which took place from October 20-24 is a biennial conference that brings together African feminist activists to deliberate on issues of key concern to the movement. It was during this third edition of the forum that participants voted unanimously for several key petitions calling for action, including a petition addressed to the President of the transitional Government in Guinea calling for an urgent action in favor of the respect of women´s rights, maintain peace and security before, during and after the presidential runoff elections.
A delegation mandated by the Forum was sent on October 25th and 26th to the Guinean Embassy in Senegal at which time the petition and list of signatures was delivered officially.
Petition to the President of the transitional Government in Guinea and List of signatures of over 135 women from more than 18 countries from across the African Continent
English---Nana Darkoa Sekyiamah. pour AWDF. African Women Development Fund. Contacts Tel: Tel: +233 (0) 302 521257 Email: email@example.com
French----Rakiss Balma. Agence Publipros- Contacts Tel +224 62 41 51 97- Email rakiss[at]agencepublipros.info
|AF PETITION GUINEE PRESIDENT TRANSITION_vfinale.pdf||276.27 KB|
|SC CLIENT.pdf||1.78 MB|
- Soudan du Sud : des milliers de femmes réduites en esclavage et violées par des soldats
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: