Iran: Kurdish female political prisoner on death row in critical condition
"My trial took only few minutes. The judge accused me of being the “enemy of God” and said that I shall be executed soon”. The Kurdish female political prisoner on death raw is in a critical condition in Iranian detention but prison’s officials don’t permit her to be seen by doctor, a report said on Thursday. Zeyneb Celaliyan 27 year old from the city of Maku of Eastern Kurdistan was sentenced to death and has been subjected to unbearable excruciation ever since. Celalyan was arrested in Kermanshah for her alleged involvement in the Free Life Party of Kurdistan (PJAK). She was given death sentence in a show trial which only lasted few minutes without having solicitor.
Celalyan wrote a letter in December 2009 to the public and international opinions which is as follows:
My name is Zeyneb Celalyan. I am 27 year old and have been held in Kermanshah’s prison as a political prisoner. I was sentenced to death by the Iranian High Revolutionary Court.
Due to the intensive and unbearable torture I have been subjected to, psychologically and physically I am at a critical condition. My illness in serious and I am deprived of the right of having or requesting to have a lawyer.
The whole trial of mine took only few minutes. The judge accused me of being the “enemy of God” and said that I shall be executed soon.
I appealed to the Judge to allow me to speak to my family for the last time. But in response he told me, “shut up”.
- LHC upholds blasphemy convict Asia Bibi's death penalty
- Iran: Urgent concerns in submission to the 20th session of UPR Working Group
- Update: Bahrain – Trial date scheduled for human rights defender Ms Maryam Al-Khawaja
- SUDAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN MERIAM IBRAHIM & FAMILY ARRIVE IN ITALY & MEET WITH POPE FRANCIS
- World Cup ban? Iran's women just don't care
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran