Nigeria: Woman acquitted in the Nigerian state of Sokoto
An Islamic court in the northern Nigerian state of Sokoto has acquitted a women accused of having sex outside marriage.
The BBC reports that the judge noted discrepancies in the evidence against the 18-year-old, Hafsatu Abubakar, which had raised doubts about the case.
Submitted on Fri, 01/25/2002 - 01:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues