Bangladesh: Eradicate violence and harassment against women
Source:Ain o Salish Kendro (ASK)
Simi Banu, a young and talented artist of Narayangonj Fine Arts Institute, committed suicide at her residence in Khilgaon thana, Dhaka on December 23.
Simi left a hand written note in which she blamed some young men of her area and Khilgaon thana sub-inspector Bashar for sexual harassment which led to her committing suicide. Women's and student organisations have organised several protests and demonstrations demanding the proper filing of cases and arrest of the young men accused of sexual harassment.
Submitted on Tue, 01/29/2002 - 00:00
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Iran: Lawyer who won Sakharov human rights award continues her peaceful protests against ban from practicing law.
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Reclaiming the Streets for Women’s Dignity: Effective Initiatives in the Struggle against Gender-Based Violence in between Egypt’s Two Revolutions
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran