Bangladesh: Eradicate violence and harassment against women
Source:Ain o Salish Kendro (ASK)
Simi Banu, a young and talented artist of Narayangonj Fine Arts Institute, committed suicide at her residence in Khilgaon thana, Dhaka on December 23.
Simi left a hand written note in which she blamed some young men of her area and Khilgaon thana sub-inspector Bashar for sexual harassment which led to her committing suicide. Women's and student organisations have organised several protests and demonstrations demanding the proper filing of cases and arrest of the young men accused of sexual harassment.
Submitted on Tue, 01/29/2002 - 01:00
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: