Bangladesh: Eradicate violence and harassment against women
Source:Ain o Salish Kendro (ASK)
Simi Banu, a young and talented artist of Narayangonj Fine Arts Institute, committed suicide at her residence in Khilgaon thana, Dhaka on December 23.
Simi left a hand written note in which she blamed some young men of her area and Khilgaon thana sub-inspector Bashar for sexual harassment which led to her committing suicide. Women's and student organisations have organised several protests and demonstrations demanding the proper filing of cases and arrest of the young men accused of sexual harassment.
Submitted on Tue, 01/29/2002 - 01:00
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!
- Sudanese WHRDs at The Frontlines: Arry Report on the Situation of WHRDs in Sudan
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW