Bangladesh: Eradicate violence and harassment against women
Source:Ain o Salish Kendro (ASK)
Simi Banu, a young and talented artist of Narayangonj Fine Arts Institute, committed suicide at her residence in Khilgaon thana, Dhaka on December 23.
Simi left a hand written note in which she blamed some young men of her area and Khilgaon thana sub-inspector Bashar for sexual harassment which led to her committing suicide. Women's and student organisations have organised several protests and demonstrations demanding the proper filing of cases and arrest of the young men accused of sexual harassment.
Submitted on Tue, 01/29/2002 - 01:00
- 'Islamic' Chair Cover Gets Iranian Activist In Trouble
- Iraq: Women Suffer Under ISIS: For Sunnis, Lives Curtailed; for Yezidis, New Accounts of Brutal Rapes
- The case of Saba Qaiser and the film-maker determined to put an end to 'honour' killings
- #February6th: The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation (#FGM): Celebrating Victories
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- Forced Gynecological Exams As Sexual Harassment and Human Rights Violation
- The Relationship between Feminism and State Policies for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The National Strategy for the Elimination of Violence against Women as an Example
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences