Women of Egypt: Photos and video
More images here: http://arabs48.com/?mod=articles&ID=77844
Women Protest Alongside Men in Egyptian Protests: Feminist and human rights activist, Nawal El Saadawi, was a political prisoner and exiled from Egypt for years. Now she has returned to Cairo and joins DemocracyNow to discuss the role of women during the last six days of unprecedented protests. She says, "women and girls are besides boys in the streets and we are calling for justice, freedom, equality and real democracy. And I believe the revolution is succeeding."
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- Egypt’s first female genital mutilation trial ends in not guilty verdict
- Joint Press Release on the Verdict against Sanaa Seif, Yara Sallam and 21 Other Co-accused in Egypt
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Arbitrary Arrests and Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Reclaiming the Streets for Women’s Dignity: Effective Initiatives in the Struggle against Gender-Based Violence in between Egypt’s Two Revolutions
- The Politics of Mobilising for Gender Justice in Egypt from Mubarak to Morsi and Beyond
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography