Women of Egypt: Photos and video
More images here: http://arabs48.com/?mod=articles&ID=77844
Women Protest Alongside Men in Egyptian Protests: Feminist and human rights activist, Nawal El Saadawi, was a political prisoner and exiled from Egypt for years. Now she has returned to Cairo and joins DemocracyNow to discuss the role of women during the last six days of unprecedented protests. She says, "women and girls are besides boys in the streets and we are calling for justice, freedom, equality and real democracy. And I believe the revolution is succeeding."
- Hala Shukrallah succeeds ElBaradei as head of Constitution Party
- Egypt’s Security Forces Once Again Using Virginity Tests On Female Detainees
- Egyptian regime 'going after youth and rights organizations'
- WLUML networker Yara Sallam awarded North African HRD Shield
- WLUML gears up for WELDD training in Cairo
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Iran: Maryam Bahreman Still Held Despite Order for Release
- UPDATE: Iran: Women’s sports photographer, Maryam Majd, released on bail
- Women's Rights and Transitions to Democracy: An Annotated Bibliography
- WLUML E-Gazette, 5th Edition
- GENDER EQUALITY AND FOOD SECURITY: Women’s Empowerment as a Tool against Hunger
- Untying the Knot - Exploring Early Marriage in Fragile States
- Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media: Indicators to Gauge Gender Sensitivity in Media Operations and Content