Israel: Yael Dayan blasts occupation and the status of women
Source:Jewish Bulletin News
As the speaker who opened the "Women Who Shook the Jewish World" series, Knesset member Yael Dayan was invited to discuss the status of women in Israel.
And that she did. But not without spending at least half her talk railing against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. The Jewish Bulletin of Northern California reports, 'Just a few hours after hearing that a Palestinian gunman had killed six at a bat mitzvah in Hadera on Jan. 17, Dayan stood before an audience of several hundred at the Marin Jewish Community Center in San Rafael and condemned such acts of terrorism. But at the same time, she called it the price Israel is paying for prolonged rule over the Palestinian people.'
Submitted on Thu, 02/14/2002 - 00:00
- Saudi Arabia: ‘Dear King Salman, why I’m terrified about our Saudi future,’ by a loyal subject
- Egypt: update 18 dead, 52 injured on January 25 anniversary
- Iraq: Sexualized violence: how to understand and fight it
- Syria's female refugees facing poverty, harassment and isolation
- Lebanon’s Closed Doors for Palestinian Refugees
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Turkey: Demand the release of members of the Peace Caravan
- Unspeakable Crimes Against Children: Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Women Building Peace
- No Democracy without Women's Equality: Middle East and North Africa
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Dossier 27: Muslim family laws in Israel: The role of the state and the citizenship of Palestinian women