USA: Polygamy related abuses in Utah
Source:Child Protection Project in Colorado and the International Human Rights Clinic at the New York University School of Law
A Call for Action from the Child Protection Project in Colorado and the International Human Rights Clinic at the New York University School of Law asking us to urge the U.S authorities to take action against polygamous marriages.
Polygamous marriages are practiced on a large scale especially in the State of Utah, but in neighbouring U.S. states as well. WLUML joins their efforts and requests your urgent intervention in this case.The February 8-24 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City will focus international attention on the State of Utah and on the U.S. itself. This is an important opportunity to bring to light these human rights violations against women and children and the failure of government to prevent and respond to the abuses adequately.
Submitted on Fri, 02/15/2002 - 00:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms
- FES publication on Religious Fundamentalisms in Asia
- UN Report: Good Practices in Legislation on 'Harmful Practices' against Women