UK: Honour crime - life imprisonment for father
A man who murdered his 24 year old daughter after discovering her 'secret' boyfriend has been jailed for life.
Faqir Mohammed, 69, flew into a rage when he came home from evening prayer in June last year to find his daughter, Shahida Perveen Mohammed, with a boyfriend in her bedroom. Manchester Crown Court heard Mohammed stabbed Shahida 19 times in the head and stomach. Sentencing him, Mr Justice Field described it as a "dreadful crime" and only a sentence of life imprisonment was appropriate.
Submitted on Tue, 02/19/2002 - 00:00
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- 'Shariafication by stealth' in the UK
- EVENT: International Conference: Religious-Right, Secularism and Civil Rights
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating