Afghanistan: UN report on discrimination of women and girls in Afghanistan
The report provides an overview of the situation of women and girls in Afghanistan with particular focus on the events since September 2001.
The report notes that since the adoption of resolution 2001/3, the situation of women and girls in Afghanistan continued to deteriorate, owing to the ongoing conflict, the critical humanitarian situation, the continuing effects of a third year of drought, hunger, internal displacement and massive violations of human rights.
Submitted on Thu, 02/28/2002 - 01:00
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Protest against the state of emergency in Pakistan and brutal attacks on civil society