India: Indian troops try to stop bloodshed
Soldiers deploy across the Indian state of Gujarat in an attempt to quell the worst sectarian violence in 10 years.
About 1,000 paramilitary troops were ordered in after Hindus across the state went on the rampage to avenge the arson attack on the train, which was carrying activists back from the disputed holy site of Ayodhya.
Submitted on Fri, 03/01/2002 - 01:00
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws