UN: Joint declaration of the Special Rapporteurs on women's rights
Source:Rights & Democracy
Recalling that women’s rights are human rights, we, the Special Rapporteurs, reaffirm our commitment to international standards of women’s rights.
The UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, and the Special Rapporteurs on women’s rights of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights met for the first time on 28 February and 1 March 2002, in Montreal, at a meeting organized by Rights & Democracy.
Submitted on Fri, 03/08/2002 - 01:00
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Protection of the Family resolution increases vulnerabilities and exacerbates inequalities
- Afghanistan: Men throw acid into girls' faces 'for going to school'
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Religion, Culture And Tradition: No Excuse For Violence
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session