UN: Joint declaration of the Special Rapporteurs on women's rights
Source:Rights & Democracy
Recalling that women’s rights are human rights, we, the Special Rapporteurs, reaffirm our commitment to international standards of women’s rights.
The UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, and the Special Rapporteurs on women’s rights of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights met for the first time on 28 February and 1 March 2002, in Montreal, at a meeting organized by Rights & Democracy.
Submitted on Fri, 03/08/2002 - 01:00
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict