UN: Joint declaration of the Special Rapporteurs on women's rights
Source:Rights & Democracy
Recalling that women’s rights are human rights, we, the Special Rapporteurs, reaffirm our commitment to international standards of women’s rights.
The UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, and the Special Rapporteurs on women’s rights of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights met for the first time on 28 February and 1 March 2002, in Montreal, at a meeting organized by Rights & Democracy.
Submitted on Fri, 03/08/2002 - 01:00
- Syrian conflict: Untold misery of child brides
- Cameroon - Speaking Up Against Rape Is Just One Part of the Solution
- Turkey struggles with femicide as domestic violence mounts
- New President, Old Pattern of Sexual Violence in Egypt
- A plea to the new High Commissioner for Human Rights: defend women's rights
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region:
- Too Young to Wed
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?