UN: Joint declaration of the Special Rapporteurs on women's rights
Source:Rights & Democracy
Recalling that women’s rights are human rights, we, the Special Rapporteurs, reaffirm our commitment to international standards of women’s rights.
The UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, and the Special Rapporteurs on women’s rights of the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights and the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights met for the first time on 28 February and 1 March 2002, in Montreal, at a meeting organized by Rights & Democracy.
Submitted on Fri, 03/08/2002 - 00:00
- Uganda bans maids from working in Saudi Arabia
- Sudan: Rape as Weapon of War AU/UN Should Increase Investigations, Reporting on Abuses
- Minor convicted in heinous Delhi gang rape to be freed
- Taliban Stone Woman To Death For Eloping
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Recommendations for action against gender-related killing of women and girls
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Religion, Culture And Tradition: No Excuse For Violence
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan