UK: Fundamentalist Christians who do not believe in evolution have taken control of a state-funded secondary school
Creationist teachers at the city technology college in Gateshead are undermining the scientific teaching of biology in favour of persuading pupils of the literal truth of the Bible.
The Guardian newspaper reports that the school has hosted a creationist conference and senior staff have given a series of lectures at the college urging teachers to promote biblical fundamentalism and giving tips on techniques to make pupils doubt the theory of evolution.
Submitted on Thu, 03/14/2002 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Prominent female politician and 'brave voice' Angeza Shinwari dies after car bomb attack
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- Nigeria: Why it is hard to know the truth about the Boko Haram crisis
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms