UK: Fundamentalist Christians who do not believe in evolution have taken control of a state-funded secondary school
Creationist teachers at the city technology college in Gateshead are undermining the scientific teaching of biology in favour of persuading pupils of the literal truth of the Bible.
The Guardian newspaper reports that the school has hosted a creationist conference and senior staff have given a series of lectures at the college urging teachers to promote biblical fundamentalism and giving tips on techniques to make pupils doubt the theory of evolution.
Submitted on Thu, 03/14/2002 - 00:00
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- UK: Muslim Women more likely to suffer Islamophobic attacks than men - study
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- UK: Abuse of Asian girls missed because of focus on white victims, says report
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Saudi Arabia: Call for release of activist challenging ban on women drivers
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms
- Feminists on the Frontline: AWID Case Studies of Resisting Fundamentalisms