UK: Fundamentalist Christians who do not believe in evolution have taken control of a state-funded secondary school
Creationist teachers at the city technology college in Gateshead are undermining the scientific teaching of biology in favour of persuading pupils of the literal truth of the Bible.
The Guardian newspaper reports that the school has hosted a creationist conference and senior staff have given a series of lectures at the college urging teachers to promote biblical fundamentalism and giving tips on techniques to make pupils doubt the theory of evolution.
Submitted on Thu, 03/14/2002 - 01:00
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Aceh Prepares to Enforce Broader Sharia Criminal Code, With Stiffer Penalties
- “Good Iranian Women Don’t Watch Sports”
- 'There's no life without music': the Malian musicians fighting Islamists with songs – video
- Interview: These Yezidi Girls Escaped ISIS. Now what?
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom