Nigeria: Stoning decision delayed
Safiya Husaini, convicted of adultery and sentenced to death by stoning by an Islamic court in Nigeria, must wait a further week to know the outcome of her appeal.
The four judges at the Sokoto Court of Appeal ruled on Monday that a decision will be made on 25 March.
Submitted on Mon, 03/18/2002 - 01:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues