Mapping of resources for women human rights defenders
|WHRD Urgent Responses ENG.pdf||791.84 KB|
AWID and the Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition reviewed a broad range of urgent responses available to women human rights defenders Women Human Rights Defenders (WHRDs) at risk around the world. This report describes the types of resources and strategies available to respond to urgent situations of violence against WHRDs as well as some of the organizations that offer them.
Urgent Responses” presents the tools used by a broad range of human rights organizations to support WHRDs respond to the risks they face. The organizations interviewed for this report operate at different levels—international, regional and national—as well as groups with differing thematic priorities, including those working on women’s rights, human rights, and sexual rights. After a brief overview of the risks that WHRDs face, “Urgent Responses” outlines the different types of responses that are available – from urgent appeals to temporary relocation, from engaging with international institutions to stress management and medical assistance. In order to help WHRDs identify the resources and tools available a quick reference table provides an overview of the responses that exist and the organizations that offer these services followed by detailed information on each response.
This publication is part of a new series that AWID is producing with the WHRD International Coalition. The aims of the WHRD series is to increase awareness of resources that exist to support and defend WHRDs and to ensure that women’s rights activists around the world have the necessary information to easily access these resources.
- War with Isis: Meet the Kurdish women's militia fighting for their families west of the Syrian town of Ras al-Ayn
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- WLUML Networker Kholoud El-Sayed to Speak at TEDxSuezCanalUniversity
- STATEMENT FROM ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS IN SOLIDARITY WITH FEMALE EGYPTIAN ACTIVISTS
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- THE DUE DILIGENCE PRINCIPLE AND THE ROLE OF THE STATE: DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN IN FAMILY AND CULTURAL LIFE
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- Shirkat Gah Newsheet March 2015
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015